Tuesday 23 August 2011

Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take?

Coconut water is amazing stuff.  I knew that it would become a staple for my challenge from the moment I had my first sip yesterday after class.  I noticed that my teacher was handing them out to people who were hurtin' real bad (ie. nearly fainting).  He said that it was a great sports drink, that it would help replenish electrolytes. I figured I'd give it a try.

I got a weird headache mid-way through class yesterday.  I knew that I couldn't be horribly dehydrated because I drank at least 20 glasses of water over the course of the day.  I figured it must have been my electrolytes.  Sure enough, 10 minutes after I drank the delicious elixir my headache was gone.
Miraculous!

For a quick overview of some of the other benefits of coconut water click here

Today, with coconut water in hand, I completed my 2nd Bikram yoga class.  Today I chose front row center.  The room felt hotter today and it was one hell of a workout.  I think that my biggest challenge over the next month will be trying to stay present, in the poses, in the class, without escaping.  Today my escape sounded something like this :).

Okay, I'm sleepy.  I swear I will talk more about the yoga soon.

Wish me luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment